Thursday, January 3, 2008

Intimidation

It's like a blank piece of paper, the first one in the notebook in a new school year, without even indentations from the pages in front...it's a new year. I think of the possibilities, the challenges, the experiences, the opportunities that will await me in the next 363 days (it is a leap year, although I just might be that bad at math...). There are those I can anticipate, like spring and the holidays, my pending trip to Europe, warm rain in August. Then there are those that sit just around the bend, out of my sight lines, far enough away that the little hairs on my arms haven't yet sensed them--they promise so much: excitement, frustration, anxiety, cheer, smiles, hugs, and that warm feeling you get when content washes over you. It almost makes me nervous...kinda like all that blank paper.

No comments: